Once again, 3M in partnership with Confederation of Indian Industry, brings the “Young Innovators Challenge Awards 2017” for India’s youth - an annual online competition to identify, encourage and recognise the ability of young people to create new solutions to challenges of sustainability. The Challenge is searching for disruptive innovations that can create a better India. These ideas could be in the areas of health, education, livelihood, environment, art & culture, governance or inclusive development. 3M is not only looking at products, services or technology as solutions but also practices and initiatives that will be responsible for generating a shift in people’s thinking to drive positive change.
In line with the Challenge’s vision of contributing to the country’s progress and sustainability, winning entries are expected to:
- Have an idea or initiative with proof of concept and layout of working model that does not rely on philanthropy or aid alone.
- Be capable of being piloted and scaled, in case the innovation is at idea stage
- Demonstrate evidence to create change even if based on postulation at idea stage.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities of the participant(s) to drive the innovation
- Include a coherent and credible short term plan (one year) for the idea / innovation
- Indicate the difference the award prize and recognition would make to the initiative / innovation
The Challenge is open to submissions from anywhere in India, but the participating innovations, ideas and initiatives must specifically apply to Indian context.